Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My story for Social Studies (Draft)

This is a story I wrote for my social studies class it's written in my favorite type of writing where I only put down the characters thoughts. So if the character is thinking about the setting then you'll see the setting if not then your left wondering. (Some people do that but I wouldn't do that to my readers).

Authors Notes: This is the unedited version of the story so it has flaws and needs rephrasing so appreciate for the concept and writing! By the way the character in this story is up to you I think it's better to leave it open ended. Just remember the character is in Ancient Egypt. I haven't editted it to take the Egypt parts out and replace them so bear with me I will come back and fix it I promise.Read the story and imagine it the way you want it at the end I'll say the original plotline. Not everyone interprets the story the way in was intended but thats ok. If you thought of it in a different way please say what it was in a comment I'm extremely curious.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Underworld by Aceline Melodie

It wasn't logical but the only way to describe it was to say that I was floating. But even that desciption didn't fit because I was walking -albiet involuntarily- torwards a light. I'm not sure how I've got here but its not important to me. I distantly remember places I should be and people I should be with. My brain is working on overdrive trying to remember... something. Almost all of the something was pieced together when I stopped infront of the light finally able to control my feet. That was all it took for time to stop then restart itself much faster. The darkness fell and then I understood. I was wrong. I would not be going to the underworld. Osisris would not be coming for me and I believed in was wrong. I had dreamed of the goddess Maat taking my heart and wieghing it to see if I was worthy or not to join her. But none of that would ever happen now and thats all they would ever be. Just Dreams.

I was slowly becoming panicked my breathing hitched in my throat. There were others I wasn't the only one. We were were all wrong. I had to save them! I tried to move, to get back to them, to warn them, but that made an awful searing pain shoot up my leg. It was like I was being burned from the inside. I jerked away away from the pain causing more of it to engulf me. This was pure agony now. I stayed still not wanting any other part of me to go under the black fire. Atleast thats what I was calling because it was all around me- I could feel it- but I saw nothing but darkness.

I tried my best to ignore the torture and everything pyhsical about myself. Instead I let my mind fold in on itself and take over. I pretended I was in the underworld facing the 42 judges and admitting my sins. It used to be way deep down but now the truth was rising above the surface. I was wrong just like so many other people and we would all pay for it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Story end notes: So anyway the person was Egyptian and stuff. He died in his sleep. He thought he was going to go to the underworld but he didn't. ooooooh.... shocker there.I know it's morbit but I didn't like the prompt my teacher gave me and I haven't gone back and changed the plotline I made it messed up to get the point across that I'm not going to write nice things if I don't like what I'm writing about. But it did turn out to be a pretty good story. Don't forget: in a comment put what you thought was happening!!!!! Or if your feeling really nice you could subscribe to my blog! I also like to pick a song for each of my stories and this stories song is ' Second Chance by Shinedown' the link should be on after this sentence. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-hivItyXEo

No comments: